Frequently asked questions
We are committed to supporting you in maintaining, improving and developing your health and wellbeing. Our staff and teachers are all highly trained and have a full understanding of the facilities we offer and what practice at Hot Yoga Brixton will provide for you.
On this page we answer questions that we are commonly asked. If you have any queries that are not covered here, please ask the teacher before or after class or email us.
Opening & Membership FAQs
There may be a several reasons for that:
- you are not opted in to receive news from us. Come and have a chat with us and we start sending material your way!
- you have opted out of receiving news from us. Due to privacy law (GDPR) we will not be able to opt you in again. If you want to receive news from us you will need to provide us with another email address.
- our messages went to your ‘spam’ or ‘junk’ mail. To prevent it from happening add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts and whitelist our email address
Unfortunately, we are not able to reinstate cancelled memberships. We know it may be disappointing but for the integrity of our terms and conditions and fairness to other members we will not be able to make any exceptions. All available membership options are advertised on our website.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to restart these memberships anymore. We introduced a 30 days grace period in September 2020 when our studio reopened. During this time all members could restart their existing memberships.
If we couldn’t get hold of you we had cancelled your rolling membership so you don’t accrue debt. All packages restarted automatically then.
We know it may be disappointing but for the integrity of our terms and conditions and fairness to other members we will not be able to make any exceptions. All available membership options are advertised on our website.
The studio opened in December 2014 with high quality and reliable heating and ventilation system designed to be as environmentally friendly as possible and are regularly maintained and serviced. The studio has recently been refurbished, its existing heating and systems supplemented by a new Air Purifier and Virus Irradiation Unit to eradicate 99.99% of all airborne viruses.
The reception is on the ground floor with changing rooms with showers, basins and hairdryers. We have lockable lockers, so your kit will be safe and secure. Wifi is available throughout the ground floor.
The yoga studio is in the lower ground floor, providing a large, spacious area to practice yoga. Immediately outside is a well-stocked garden with lemon tree, flowering jasmine and ferns affording an ideal, relaxed and green outdoor space to prepare for class or chill-out after class.
Hot Yoga Brixton is designed from the founding principle that yoga is open and suitable to all, whatever your age or shape or size or fitness or flexibility. Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned practitioner, our classes will challenge and stimulate you, and reward you with enhanced health, fitness and vitality. If you have any special medical condition or injuries, please consult your doctor first and inform the teacher before class begins.
The studio is heated for all of the classes, which allows you to stretch further safer as well as stimulating circulation and promoting sweat, which is great for your skin and de-toxifying. Classes are heated to varying temperatures, Strong being up to 42°; Flow and Inner up to 35°.
Our heating and humidification system is designed to carefully monitor and maintain the correct temperature, humidity levels and oxygen content, ensuring a comfortable and healthy environment in which to practice yoga. Together with the Air Purifier and Virus Irradiation Unit, our systems are designed to provide as safe as possible a place to exercise and practice yoga.
Wear something which is comfortable and allows you to move freely and is not too loose because you are going to sweat a lot! We recommend shorts or leggings and a sports vest or crop top for women and shorts with or without a t-shirt for men.
You should bring a mat, two towels (one to put on the mat and one to shower afterwards) and a large bottle of water as well as any props you like to use. But don’t worry – if you forget or prefer, we have them for hire or sale at reception, and props are provided within the studio.
We recommend not eating for two to three hours before class but to drink plenty of water because you are going to do quite a bit of stretching which is best done on an almost empty stomach but well-hydrated. During class, take regular small sips of water to moisten your mouth and feel comfortable.
No – not at all. Hot Yoga Brixton is designed for all, whatever your level of fitness or flexibility. If you are not fit or flexible, this is the perfect place for you to restore and maintain your natural fitness and flexibility! You will be amazed how quickly your flexibility and fitness are improved.
If you have any special medical condition or injuries, please consult your doctor first and inform the teacher before class begins. We encourage you to be your own teacher, so listen to your body and how you are feeling and what your body is telling you. Yoga rewards persistence and hard work, but it is equally important to rest and recover when you need to.
- Always try to arrive at least 15 minutes before your hot yoga class so you can get settled in the studio.
- On arrival, please remove your shoes and leave them in the shoe rack as our yoga studio is a shoe-free zone.
- Please avoid using perfume or deodorant sprays in the changing rooms.
- Once in the yoga room, please observe that it is a quiet space. Please do not talk or use your mobile phone.
- For hygiene and safety always place a towel over your mat.
- During class, feel free to take as many breaks as you feel are necessary – but always remember the more breaks you take the less benefits you will get!
- When class is over or when you need to go, remember to leave the yoga room as quietly as possible so as not to disturb others who are completing their class in their own way.